Path of Exile 3.6 Freezing Pulse Most Popular Build Guide
In Path of Exile 3.6 Synthesis, Freezing Pulse has Mana Cost at gem level 1 is now 5 (was 4). Mana Cost at gem level 20 is now 21 (was 18). Now deals 8 to 12 Cold damage at gem level 1 (from 7 to 11) and 888 to 1332 Cold damage at gem level 20 (from 798 to 1197). Now has an added damage effectiveness of 150% (from 125%).
[PoE 3.6 Occultist] Endgame-Optimizen Low Life Freezing PulseBuild Goals:
- Achieve the fastest map clear speed possible with self-cast Freezing Pulse. If possible, rival the fastest meta builds.
- Be capable of clearing all content in the game without difficulty, given that a player knows relevant mechanics.
- Include as much magic find as possible.
- Be sturdy enough defensively that I can be played while sleepy/zoned out/having a couple drinks/etc.
This Guide Is Written:
- To players interested in pushing a Freezing Pulse build as far as it will go, with an emphasis on endgame mapping and Elder farming, which is the content I personally enjoy.
- To present you with offensive and defensive options for building high budget endgame Freezing Pulse and give you my take on which is best
- With the assumption that you can figure out level for yourself. There is nothing special about leveling a self-cast Freezing Pulse Occultist. A level like you would any Occultist spell caster.
- To showcase what’s possible with Freezing Pulse[ and get you excited to play the game and maybe try out the skill!
Pros & Cons:
+ Good DPS that scales up to insane DPS with enough gear. Unbuffed ~2M DPS shaper DPS with good gear, ~4M shaper DPS with GG gear.
+ DPS for this build is just pure, raw, unconditional DPS. I got sick of looking through build guides claiming millions of DPS in Path of Building but then you find out that it's only under super specific conditions. With this build, there are no conditional tricks like flasks or Frost Bomb or any other nonsense that people use to artificially inflate Path of Building numbers. The DPS you see with this build is the DPS you get. All the time.
+ Top Tier clear speed for mapping. This build has a really nice combination of DPS, survivability, movement, and magic find.
+ Freezes almost everything in the game, including T15 bosses
+ Can run decent Magic Find without sacrificing anything while clearing up to T16 maps. 44% IIQ/100% IIR + Bisco's Collar possible in Standard. 16% IIQ/70% IIR + Bisco's Collar possible in leagues.
+ Can do all maps/map bosses/map mods except Elemental Reflect maps
+ Farms red Elder and Elder Guardians effortlessly.
+ Shaper is easy. Uber Elder is pretty easy if you know the mechanics.
- Can get expensive to fully gear
- Freezing Pulse still has a couple clunky skill mechanics where it can get stuck in narrow doorways or on objects
- Survivability is linked purely to the ability to freeze things, regenerate ES, and avoid damage. There's almost no mitigation. Righteous Fire Juggernaut, this is not. Surviving endgame bosses (T16 Guardians and others that cannot be frozen) requires knowing the mechanics, avoiding the damage, and killing the boss quickly. Sometimes this means you have to skip map bosses because the mods make it so that you cannot avoid the damage. For example, the Reef boss is normally a joke, but I skip it anytime it has an "Increased Area of Effect" modifier because it's too easy to die in the phases where the boss is immune.
- Take Wicked Ward, Vile Bastion, Void Beacon, and Forbidden Power.
- Occultist is the only real choice here. Free power charge generation, 250 flat ES, Stun Immunity, tons of survivability with ES recharge on the kill and uninterrupted recharge. -20% to enemy cold resistances as a bonus. You can get more DPS with Assassin or Elementalist variants, but I don’t think they are as good.
Help Alira to get a bonus to your Crit Multiplier, Mana Regeneration, and Resists.
Major God: Soul of Lunaris (avoid chained projectiles is helpful)
Minor God: Soul of Shakari (very helpful to be poison immune)
Main Freezing Pulse-Link: Freezing Pulse+Spell Echo+Power Charge on Critical+Hypothermia+Cold Penetration+Empower
Movement Skill: Flame Dash
Flame Dash is a very nice movement skill and it also allows us to use Arcane Surge.
Cast When Damage Taken Support, Lightning Golem
Put a Summon Lightning Golem in where you can
T15 Lava Lake + Elder Kill
T15 Desert Spring + guardian kill
[PoE 3.6 Hierophant]Freezing Pulse Totem Build3.6 Update:
Freezing Pulse got a 12% Damage Buff at Lvl20!
The +1 https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/TotemTotem Mod is now only available on shaper shields. It might be difficult to roll a good one, but certainly worth it. With how good multi-modding is right now, you could just isolate +1 Totem with another good mod (best life, spell damage, spell crit) and multimode. If the mod is super rare, you will have to settle with other mods, too.
Pros & Cons:
+ NO gear requirements (except 2 threshold jewels), so cheap and SSF viable
+ Transitions nicely from leveling to mapping without any problems and big investments
+ Easy to cap resists
+ Easy to reach 7k-8k EHP with 40% MoM
+ Able to clear maps up to T15 comfortly
+ Very safe because we freeze all minions except bosses instantly
+ Can go Magic Find
+ Can run all map mods (I would reroll Ele-Reflect since your totems 1 or 2-shot themselves, but clearing the map is possible)
+ Can reach 1.5 million Shaper DPS (300k DPS per totem)
+ Possible to kill guardians, shaper and even Uber Elder with some investments (Uber Elder Kill)
- No leech
Main skill: Spell Totem - Freezing Pulse - Faster Casting - Controlled Destruction - Hypothermia - Cold Penetration
Increased Critical Strikes instead of Controlled Destruction. It's overall less damage though.
Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane Surge (+ Portal)
(pay attention that your Arcane Surge is low level so that it procs with one cast, for this combination it's level 7)
Frostbomb + Phase Run + Increased Duration
Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Enfeeble + (Increased Duration)
(Cast When Damage Taken should be lvl1, Immortal Call lvl3, Enfeeble lvl5)
Projectile Weakness + Vaal Haste / Vaal Grace + Increased Duration
(We need 155 Dex for level 20 on Projectile Weakness which is hard to get for us. But it's totally fine to leave the gem at a lower level since we only lose a little bit of DPS against bosses)
For fortify: (if you use dagger/sceptre)
Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify
Alternatively, use Vigilant Strike (with jewel) - this should be your endgame setup:
Vigilant Strike + Ancestral Call (+ Faster Attacks)
Decoy Totem + Multiple Totems for Bosses
Summon Lightning Golem
Alira, since both CritMulti and ManaRegen are very good for us and resists are never bad.
The pursuit of Faith - Ritual of Awakening - Conviction of Power - Divine Guidance
Don't be scared of labs. You can do every lab as soon as you reach the required level. If you have a 6link and Freezing Pulse lvl18, you should be fine to solo Uberlab (on SC).
Major: Brine King, if no Kaom's Roots, else probably Solaris
Red Elder Fight
[PoE 3.6 Hierophant]Arc/Freezing Pulse Totems Build3.6 nerfs to Arc aren't to bad. But with Freezing Pulse getting a huge buff we might consider going for the freezing pulse for the high clearspeed. The nerf on the arc is mainly offscreen and a little less dmg. So against endgame bosses, nothing much changed. But for the early mapping progress, I think freezing pulse will be faster. Therefore I will do a Freezing Pulse PoB too.
Pros & Cons:
+ SSF viable cause no required uniques
+ Many ways to push this build into endgame
+ Save (cause totems and mom)
- Totemplaystyle isn't for everyone
- Constantly replacing totems against AOE bosses can be annoying
Bandits: Help Alira
- Normal Lab: Pursuit of Faith
- Cruel Lab: Ritual of Awakening
- Merc Lab: Conviction of Power
- Uber Lab: Divine Guidance
Arc: -Spell Totem Support, Arc, Added Lightning, Controlled Destruction,(5l) inc Crit Strikes, (6l) Lightning Penetration
FP: -Spell Totem Support, FP, Controlled Destruction, Cold Penetration, (5l) inc Crit Strikes (6l) Faster Casting
Arc: -Conductivity, Arcane Surge (lvl 12), Spell Cascade, Increased Duration
FP: -Projectile Weakness, Arcane Surge (lvl 12) Spell Cascade, Increased Duration
-CWDT (lvl 1), Immortal Call (lvl 3), Increased Duration, Vaal Haste (if you want max lvl you will need some dex on your gear or tree)
-Phaserun, Empower, Increased Duration Vaal Grace
-Flame Dash, Faster Casting, Portal
-Summon Lightning Golem (Ice for FP), Minion Life, Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance
[PoE 3.6 Inquisitor]Shaper Down! Freezing Pulse + Ice Spear Totem BuildUse Freezing Pulse to compensate for the disadvantage. Cause Self-cast Ice Spear has some delay when start to shot, so I use totem to help me to cast. Especially thanks to new Poe support gem Multiple Totem Support make Non-Hierophant character can use 3 totems at one time.
According to POB, my Ice Spear Totem Shaper DPS FULL BUFF without Vaal RF and Anger (Watcher's Eye + 50 crit multi)
Pros & Cons:
+ Fast Mapping
+ Boss Killer
+ High crit chance (Without flask, FP 45%, IS 87.5)
+ League Starter, Tabula is enough
+ Blind is good, higher survivability
+ Infinity Mana
- Less HP, easily killed by Syndicate
- Not faster than COC build
- Seems cannot kill Uber Elder
- Not enough sockets cause this build using 2 skills
Freezing Pulse - Echo - Bonechill - Hypothermia - (Blind) - (Faster Casting) - (Mana Leech)
Ice Spear - GMP - Hypothermia - Controlled Destruction(Bonechill) - Spell Totem - Multiple Totem
Herald of Ice - Curse On Hit - Assassin's Mark - Ice Bite
Shield Charge - Faster Attack - Fortify
CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration
Vitality - Summon Lightning Golem - Flame Dash - Clarity(VRF)
1. Instruments of Virtue
2. Righteous Providence
3. Inevitable Judgement
4. Augury of Penitence
Shaper Down Video
[PoE 3.6 Assassin]Freezing Pulse 3 to 4 MIL Shape DPS BuildThis build has been a great success and a lot of fun to play. Started out with just a tabula and dual void batteries so it can be done on somewhat of a budget. Managed to kill t16 bosses on a tabula with just void batteries being the big ticket items in the build (which were 50c each for me 2 weeks into incursion).
- tree updated to 3.5
- changed a few nodes on the tree to gain more cast speed 2/3/19
- tree has been updated to 3.6 note this build may now be better asci or low life with all the ES buffs but it will still be very viable especially considering the freezing pulse gem buff but this will be easier to gear, also on that note swap out spell echo for unleashing support in main links
Pros & Cons:
+ Can do up to Shaper on around 1ex budget @180c lul incrusion
+ Able to run all map mods except ele reflect
+ Ultra safe mapper freezing everything including bosses up to t15 are frozen solid no flasks (Guardians and Shaper are chilled beyond belief)
+ Can level from level 1 as this build effectively 1shotting the screen
+ Amazing Herald of Ice chain mtx explosions
+ Generates Power, Frenzy and Endurance charges and Onslaught
+ With a more investment the damage gets really strong ( one phased Hydra in under 5 secs)
+ possible to reach upward of 9mil shaper dps with gg corrupted gear (more info in min/max tips)
- Doorways can be annoying (more info in gameplay tips)
- Not having warlords on hit ring can be an issue on t16+
- Uses lightning warp and Quicksilver for movement although its fine with my ms/ cast speed
- Requires good positioning to play effectively (getting surrounded may get you killed)
-Dex is kind of a struggle for lvl20 Vaal haste need dex on jewels
- 90% chance to avoid elemental ailments sucks but doable
1.Ambush and Assassinate
Major: Run Soul of the Brine King to help recover from a stun.
Minor: Run Soul of Tukohama for Phy mitigation whilst stationary.
Help Alira for the all res and multi and flat mana regen all great.
T16 Example Rare Mino: