Path of Exiel 3.6 Frostbolt Most Popular Build Guide
[PoE 3.6 Occultist]IceNova on Frostbolt Quad Curse BuildThis build was created in Version 3.6 (Synthesis League). Please read the changes for the current game version.
Since patch 3.6 brought many changes/adjustments to spells some will affect this build:
1) The total damage output on bosses is significantly increased, due to the lowered curse immunity of bosses 66% (from 80%)
2) Ice Nova has a slightly reduced damage, but nothing to concern about.
3) Ice Nova has a faster cast time of 0.7 (from 0.8)
4) The crafted mod "x% non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage" is gone/omitted. You may consider crafting "x% of cold damage as extra chaos damage" instead on your multi-crafted staff.
Pros & Cons:
+ insane AoE damage output -> the whole screen explodes and shatters
+ utilizing a build with 4 curses (2 offensive curses + 2 defensive curses)
+ fairly safe to play, because everything gets chilled/frozen
+ do all content in the game (due to "Void Beacon" even HoGM variable)
+ funny, refreshing playstyle
- expensive to min max
- cast Ice Nova onto Frostbolts -> needs a bit of training...
- only Flame Dash as a movement skill
- two 6-links highly recommended
- no ele reflect maps
1) Frostbolt (quality increases global cold damage)
2) Greater Multiplier Projectiles (quality reduced damage debuff)
3) Curse on Hit (quality increases curse effect)
4) Frostbite (quality increases curse effect)
5) Slower Projectiles (quality increases damage)
6) Faster Casting (quality increases castrate)
1) Ice Nova (quality increases AoE)
2) Hypothermia (quality increases chill duration)
3) Controlled Destruction (quality increases damage)
4) Faster Casting (quality increases castrate)
5) Concentrated Effect (quality increases damage)
6) Spell Echo (quality increases damage)
GLOVES & BOOTS & HELMET (4-link):
1) Curse on Hit (quality increases curse effect)
2) Herald of Ice (quality increases (global) cold damage)
3) Enfeeble (quality increases effect)
4) Elemental Weakness (quality increases effect)
1) Flame Dash (quality increases cooldown)
2) Faster Casting (quality increases cast speed)
3) Less Duration (quality reduces skill duration)
4) Clarity (no quality needed)
1) Vaal Cold Snap (level 11)
2) Cast when Damage took (level 9)
3) Immortal Call (level 11)
4) Increased Duration (level 20) (quality grants more duration)
1) Forbidden Power
2) Profane Bloom
4) Void Beacon
1) Soul of Lunaris
2) Soul of Gruthkul
Note: capture all souls with divine vessels -> solid defense buff!
Keep in mind, that it is beneficial to swap the minor god on "Aul, the Crystal King (delve boss) to Yogul
Help Alira (more crit + more mana regen).
Delve Mine at depth 376:
Random T15 Lava Lake Playstyle:
Mathil´s Version (less damage / less curses) Video guide
[PoE 3.6 Occultist]The Frost Queen Frostbolt BuildUpdates:
Updated PoB with a pre-launch skill/gear/tree configuration. This isn't final as I will have a first look at Poe Skill gems and Poe Uniques Items. This is however enough to get you started. Updated Title to reflect the change from MoM to CI. Updated intro paragraph. Added Pre-Launch Synthesis Notes. Updated Gearing Section and Pro/Con Section.Added Theory Craft Section.
Pros & Cons:
+ Damage is great
+ Gameplay doesn't get stale, we use 4 skills
+ Top Tier survivability and defenses (we will go over these soon)
+ Fast mapper
+ VERY cheap, no uniques required, however, I use a couple in this build
+ SSF/HC/League start friendly, again no uniques required
+ Great scaling with the new 'Cold DOT Multi' affix
+ Vortex is instant cast!
- Can feel difficult or clunky to players used to playing '1-skill-wonder' builds
- Good portion of damage is on the back-end rather than front-loaded.
- Extremely tight on gem sockets, no room for herald/golem
- We utilize many defenses here making us very difficult to kill.
- 9k+ ES
- Block (if using a shield)
- Fortify (if using whirling/shield charge)
- Immortal Call (the usual)
- Great ES Leech from the new Synthesis Passives
Void Beacon → Frigid Wake → Profane Bloom → Malediction
(If you feel your ES is too low, Swap into the ES node for Malediction.)
We kill all for the extra points
Red Tier Elder
[PoE 3.6 Assassin]Frostbolt/Ice Nova Lewd's Cold Hard CoC Build GuideBenefits of the CoC
- Lots of Balls
- Easy[gameplay] Breezy beautiful, Cover CoC
- Many ways to trigger CoC[Cyclone isn't the only girthy boy]
- EXPLOSIONS, teehee
- Fast Paced
- Never have to break a barrel again
- All Content Viable
- This bad boy can fit so many life gains on hit[Tank out with your CoC out]
- FPS friendly, surprisingly
- Most importantly Aesthetics
Cyclone>Cast on Critical Strike Support>Increased Critical Strikes Support>Hypothermia Support>Frostbolt>Ice Nova
Frostbolt>Cold Penetration Support>Ice Nova
Leap Slam>Fortify>Faster Attacks Support>Increased Critical Strikes Support
This skill gives % more attack speed while you are near it, making for an easy way to hit proc rate cap vs single target, double as useful if going for Cooldown Recovery options.
Use this set-up til you have a Warlord's Mark on Hit ring, which will allow you to use Vitality and Vaal Righteous Fire in place of the Blasphemy/
Herald of Purity>Blind Support
You can drop Herald of Purity once you have Pandemonius if you choose. Allowing you to use Herald of Ice>Onslaught Support which will trigger Onslaught while mapping for faster clear. And more Aesthetics.
Cast When Damage Taken lvl 1>Immortal Call lvl 3>Increased Duration>Frost Bomb lvl 10
Alira - Feel free to switch to Kill All once you fill out your crit multi-nodes on the tree and have your resists Cap'd through items. The 5 mana regen will hurt but is only a quality of life component.
Major God: Soul of Arakaali - Queen of the Great Tangle
Blood Rage + Immortal Call will trigger the 50% increased Recovery Rate of Life from Queen of the Great Tangle. Life Recovery Rate affects not only your leech rate but also affects all sources of Life Recovery such as Life Gain on Hit.
Minor God: Soul of Gruthkul - Erebix, Light's Bane
Reducing Mobs attack speed by 8% is a huge benefit to dodge/evasion based builds as it makes them hit slower which means less hits taken in general. Another substantial defensive boost.
Minor God: Soul of Garukhan - Stalker of the Endless Dunes
This soul is focused on gaining movement speed which helps a for clearing and is a nice quality of life boost for cycloning. Every little bit helps. The +5% chance to evade attacks is a flat amount, so say you have a 53% chance to evade you now will have a 58% chance to evade. Pretty good as well.
Sloppy Hydra fight: