Path of Exile 3.6 Storm Brand Most Popular Build Guide
In Path of Exile 3.6 Synthesis, Storm Brand Update has Mana Cost at gem level 20 is now 21 (was 20)Now deals 2 to 7 Lightning damage at gem level 1 (from 3 to 8) and 75 to 225 Lightning damage at gem level 20 (from 97 to 290)Now has an added damage effectiveness of 30% (from 35%). Brands are an attachable spell, which every short period of time casts Lightning Projectiles that shoots from attached nearby enemies dealing massive AoE damage and attaching themselves to another nearby enemy after the first one is killed.
[PoE 3.6 Inquisitor] Storm Brand Beginner Friendly BuildThis is a beginner-friendly, league-starter viable, solo-self-found viable, and comprehensive Storm Brand Inquisitor guide. The leveling section in this guide is meant to take players with a fresh install or in a fresh league and get them into maps and started on a powerful character. Interested readers can find gear priority, stat suggestions, mechanics explanations, and a whole bunch of links that might be useful for newer players.
Path of Exile 3.6 Updates:
- Day 3 Uber Elder Down! - Gear snapshot added and a pure clip of the fight start to finish for those interested. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394924639
- Loreweave nerfed, Storm Brand damage nerfed. Build still functions just fine. It's still mechanically great.
- Keeping an eye on items, synthesized simplicity, and anything else that might be important for the build.
- Added section in Shields about +2 Minimum Frenzy Charges.
Pros & Cons:
+ Beginner and League Starter Friendly. Virtually no gear requirements. Can be done on all rares. 4-link is enough to complete the story and progress into maps. Like all spells, the power comes from the level of the skill gem so progression feels smooth.
+ Brand Playstyle. Cast from range and stay out of danger. Place your brands and watch them pulse and kill enemies while you run around and pick up loot or plan your next move.
+ Mind over Matter. Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics. MoM is one of the best defensive Keystones in the game. Acro/Phase Acro are great "free lives" while learning the game and helps for times where you just can't move away from damage.
+ Gearing is straightforward. Being Inquisitor makes the range of stats you care about even less. No need to care about the resist of your enemies means all you care about is life, resistances, mana, and crit.
+ Not that many buttons to press. I list this here as a pro because I can't be bothered to keep up multiple buffs, curses, golems, and whatnot. This guide is supposed to be new player friendly. You have your Brand, Brand Recall, and a couple mobility skills. That's it. For newer players, this really helps manage flask usage.
- Can't do Elemental Reflect. Even with pantheons or anti-reflect rings, you will do too much damage and one-shot yourself to elemental reflect. Look out for this mod when doing maps. Reroll maps with reflecting and don't choose maps with reflecting if Zana presents you with an option.
Storm Brand - Faster Casting - Added Lightning - Increased Crit Chance - Controlled Destruction - Increased Crit Damage*
Brand Recall - Arcane Surge - Empower - Enhance
Cast When Damage Taken – Immortal Call
Storm Brand - Damage Supports - Increased Crit Strikes
Help Alira. Kill them All is an alternativeThemyou don't need resists and the 2 skill points help your build more.
- Righteous Providence
- Inevitable Judgement
- Instruments of Virtue
- Augury of Penitence
Grab Instruments first if you're more experienced and can benefit from the cast/movespeed while leveling.
Major God – Soul of the Brine King if without Kaoms Roots. Soul of Solaris if you have them.
Minor God – Gruthkul for mapping Yugul for Uber Elder
[PoE 3.6 Elementalist] Storm Brand League Starter BuildStorm Brand Elementalist offers excellent clear speed and capable boss damage. I used it as my league starter for Betrayal league, and it exceeded my expectations.
Gameplay is smooth thanks to the instant cast nature of brand recall, as well as the instant damage from Storm Brand (as opposed to Armageddon Brand). Brand elementalist is a popular build, with several streamers running something similar. My take on the build is fairly defensive, with an eye towards being able to do all map mods and all content, including safely farming uber elder.
PoE 3.6 Update:
1) Damage loss isn't that big of a deal
2) Crit change means it is harder to keep up elemental equilibrium with controlled destruction. I recommend getting the "crit chance if you haven't crit recently" boot enchant from lab, and using something other than lab enchant for your mana solution (several mana solutions are discussed in the gear section). Without the boot enchant or any other source of crit, you'll have 2.2% crit, which may be a bit low (but warrants testing).
3) A wave of conviction for elemental exposure would be a good addition to help boss damage. It could be linked to curse on hit elemental weakness as well, since curses aren't completely useless on bosses now. It does NOT need to be supported by phys to lightning, the added lightning damage on our weapons will make it do more lightning than fire.
Killing all the bandits for that sweet +2 skill points.
we're not stunned immune, so brine king. Whatever you like for minor. Flask refill can be nice, so can poison immune.
Starts with Shaper of Desolation -> Beacon of Ruin. Beacon of ruin is our power node, and the entire reason to be an elementalist. Prolif and 20% min shock (with increased shock effect, ~33%) is simply amazing.
Storm Brand + Concentrated Effect + Controlled Destruction + Added Lightning + Hypothermia + Lightning penetration
Lightning Spire Trap + Controlled Destruction + Added Lightning + Lightning Penetration +
CWDT + immortal Call + Enfeeble + increased duration
Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane Surge
Brand Recall + Empower + Enhance
Vaal Grace + Vaal Clarity + Vaal Righteous Fire + Increased Duration